We'll allow you a fair bit of freedom in editing, and breaking these guidelines will certainly not get you banned (just probably will get your page edited to fix them), but here are some things you should do while editing.
- Bold article titles in the lead section and bold variant titles. For a good example, see BroadOn.
- Use templates. We have a few templates such as Template:Stub and Template:Formatting, and you should use them whenever possible. In particular, if you have made a page which is short, add Template:Stub to it.
- Include images whenever possible; make sure your images are appropriately sized and preferably include image descriptions. Do not upload overly large images, as we have limited server space.
- Use the Help link in the sidebar to understand MediaWiki syntax before doing complicated edits.
- Try to keep writing style and grammar somewhat proper. Don't be the person who didn't capitalize country names on an entire page and you had to leave it to us to spend minutes fixing it.